Website YWCA Columbus
Do you have a passion for building partnerships and creating fundraising strategies? YWCA Columbus is seeking a passionate and experienced Director of Donor Engagement to join our Advancement team. As an integral member of the Advancement team, this position is responsible for developing a robust annual giving strategy and managing a donor portfolio of 30 – 50 key individual partners, and 75+ corporate partners to contribute the philanthropic success of the organization. Supervises the Events and Stewardship Manger, the Volunteer & Donations Manager, and Project Specialist.
Responsibilities of the Director of Donor Engagement:
- Establish an annual fundraising strategy to drive financial support from individual donors. The creation of a new annual giving model will ideally include 2-3 annual solicitations focused on securing individual gifts.
- Work to execute long and short-term material and financial needs of all programs. Through supervision of the Volunteer & Donations Manager, facilitate collaboration with program directors to ensure community partnerships are meeting the needs of the populations served by all programs
- Implementation and coordination of fundraising events. Secure event sponsorships for two major fundraisers each year – Women of Achievement, a 1,800 attendee event focused on honoring the life and work of women who live out the mission of YWCA; and Activists & Agitators, a 500 attendee event focused on inspiring attendees to serve as agents for social change and to further equity and empowerment throughout the community. Through supervision of the Events and Stewardship Manager, develop and maintain event/project timelines and work with appropriate departments to ensure events are on time and on budget.
- Maintain partnership with corporations, individual donors, and organizational alumni by providing timely updates on impact of their contributions and engagement through volunteerism, this includes maintaining of records, creation of impact reports, and preparation to serve as a spokesperson for the organization in meetings.
- Supervise direct reports, initiate and develop training, mentoring and education for employee growth and job effectiveness and monitor payroll and complete other administrative duties for direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Director of Donor Engagement:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five or more years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a proven track record of achieving fundraising goals
- Five years supervisory experience
- Dedication to excellent customer service. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations including high-level funders, donors, and volunteers.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment.
- Experience with and sensitivity to homelessness or poverty issues.
- A demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, our mission of Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women.
- Experience working in social service setting is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com