The Grants and Proposal Director is responsible for developing and managing grant efforts for areas that align with Y priorities and impact initiatives of healthy living, youth development, and social responsibility. They will serve to ensure policies and procedures of both the YMCA and grant funding agencies are being followed and to create sustainable and effective grants programs and partnerships. This position collaborates with internal leaders, consultants and funding agencies for grants from corporations, foundations and community groups.
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Source, write and manage grant proposals for donor audiences including foundations, corporations, and other key stakeholders across the community.
- Creates customized proposals that share the YMCA’s story and highlight investment opportunities for families, members, and corporations.
- Collaborates with departments and leaders within the YMCA to identify needs in line with YMCA’s vision and matches those needs with funding opportunities, driving the grant process from start to finish. This includes coordinating the application process, developing timeline for each proposal submission, completing proposals in a timely manner, and working with leadership to establish goals and outcomes.
- Gathers and organizes data for timely and comprehensive reporting. Manages tracking systems to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintains records for all received grants in database and files.
- Serve as a liaison and bridge builder between YMCA Leadership and grant funded departments / programs to establish best practices and policies to ensure consistency and efficiency across the organization.
- Organizes and facilitates regular leadership training and information sharing across program departments involved in grants.
- Collaborates with finance department and program teams to ensure reporting on program outcomes and fiscal requirements are met.
- Works with YMCA leaders to plan, schedule and host donor site visits and tours; allowing YMCA partners and funders to meet staff and see programs in action.
- Adheres to policies related to boundaries with youth. Participates in required abuse risk management training. Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors. Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements. Adheres to job-specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and viewpoints from all social and economic segments of the organization and community. A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is expected from our staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent education and work experience requested.
- Minimum two years of experience in a communications/marketing/business environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong proofreading/editing skills.
- Experience using Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Calendar), Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel.
- Comfortable using formatting and design features in Word, as well as ability to use or willingness to learn platforms such as Canva, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and others.
- Willingness to train and learn CRM database, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and viewpoints from all social and economic segments of the organization and community. A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism is expected from our staff.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience with privately funded grants and the budget process strongly preferred.
- Preference for candidates with experience of electronic grant management websites such as CyberGrants, GrantsConnect, etc
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.