Website The Ohio Environmental Council
INTERNSHIP POSTING: Events Intern
February 2024 – May 2024
The Ohio Environmental Council (OEC) seeks a spring intern to join our Events Team to support the planning and implementation of our annual Green Gala. The portfolio of work will be focused on outreach, recruitment, and communication for the 2024 Green Gala. This position will provide the intern with insights into nonprofit event planning and other organizational support on projects as needed.
The OEC’s annual Green Gala event will be hosted at the Franklin Park Conservatory on Saturday, May 18, 2024. Candidates must be available to support execution of the event on the day of as well as the day before on Friday, May 17, 2024.
Reporting to the Events Organizer, this intern will assist with the following:
● Lead silent auction preparation to coordinate outreach and follow up with previous donors, record donations and values, combine items into packages and create descriptions
● Research and solicit new silent auction donation opportunities
● Research and incorporate new fundraising ideas and opportunities
● Assist in the solicitation of sponsorships
● Assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers for event
● Assist in the overall planning and execution of the Green Gala
● Support organizational events as needed
Compensation & Location
This internship is a paid intern position and will receive an hourly wage of $13/hr. This internship requires a commitment of 10-12 hours per week for the duration of the internship period (February 2024-May 2024).
The OEC’s headquarters is in Columbus, with a satellite office in Cleveland. The location of this position is in Columbus (at OEC’s headquarters).
● Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills
● Creative, self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team and with a positive attitude
● Interest in event/program planning, non-profit organizations and/or environmental issues
● Comfortable reaching out over the phone to call businesses and potential volunteers
● Shares the OEC’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in the environmental movement and our organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
● Proficiency in Google Suite, including Google Drive applications such as Sheets and Docs, Gmail, etc.
About the OEC
The Ohio Environmental Council is the state’s most comprehensive, effective and respected environmental advocate for a healthier, more sustainable Ohio. Our experts work daily to restore, protect, and strengthen the quality of life for families and communities — from the air we breathe and the water we drink to the food we eat and the natural resources we enjoy. Find out more at www.theOEC.org.
The OEC is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to hire and uplift staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OEC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject of “Events Internship Application.” This application will close on January 5, 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org