Website Star House
Star House exists to lift young people out of homelessness and into a community of hope. Founded in 2006, Star House operates our nation’s only 24/7/365 drop-in center for teens and young adults experiencing homelessness that offers immediate access to safety and hosts continuous best practice research for effective service. Along with the Finance Fund and Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority, Star House operates the only housing village of its kind in Central Ohio for young people who are exiting homelessness. The organization met the unique needs of 1,160 individual young people in 2022, successfully connecting them with housing, jobs, education, health care, therapy, and a range of community resources.
Star House’s mission is to do whatever it takes to support young people as they exit homelessness and thrive in a community of hope. Our vision is to replicate our evidence-based model of service for youth nationally and globally, based on the demand for our services in other communities.
We are seeking a Financial Controller who believes in our mission; embodies our values of unconditional love, doing whatever it takes as long as it takes and creating innovative solutions; and who can help us achieve our vision with development expertise.
Title: Financial Controller
Work Location: Star House, 1220 Corrugated Way, Columbus, OH 43201
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing and improving our organization’s financial performance and direct accounting operations. Duties include managing account records, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditures, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, ensuring the accuracy of financial information and ensuring compliance with regulations.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
· Supervises external/internal accounting staff
· Prepares financial reports
· Analyzes financial data
· Monitors internal controls
· Oversees and prepares income statements
· Participates in the budgeting process
· Manages financial transactions and monitors cash flow
· Manages and tracks financial information to comply with grant awards
· Processes payroll
· Streamlines accounting functions and operations
· Develops plans for financial growth
· Evaluates and manages risk
· Coordinates audit processes
· Monitors in-kind services and receipt and distribution of donated goods
· Performs other specific job-related duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or his/her designee.
“Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions of Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio-Council of Governments.”
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
· Proven experience (five or more years) in finance management.
· Positive, personable, reliable, people person who enjoys working with a diverse range of individuals
· Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
· Proficiency in accounting software
· Management experience (two or more years) preferred
· Auditing experience
· Excellent interpersonal analytical skills
· A self-starter with strong leadership qualities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them, when appropriate
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Documentation of a clear criminal record in compliance with state statue
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules and Star House and ESC-Council of Governments policies
Note: This assignment may require a valid driver’s license and access/availability of a reliable vehicle.
Star House is committed to equal opportunity employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio economic status, national origin, veteran or disability status. In order to further Star House’s mission, achieve our vision and live out our values, drawing from the collective wisdom of a diverse group of individuals is essential. With diverse minds influencing our work and decisions, we can go further for the young people we serve, ensuring that our continued programming and the solutions developed along the way are influenced by the best minds.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com