Website Star House
Position Summary: Provide counseling, therapy, mental health crisis intervention, evaluation and assessment to Star House youth and youth housed at Carol Stewart Village.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
· Provide services to youth experiencing homelessness and youth living at Carol Stewart Village, including therapy, and mental health crisis intervention.
· Maintain required documentation for records/reports
· Participates in program assessment, planning and development
· Maintains relationships and collaborates with other community support and partner agencies
· Collects data and prepares reports for grant activities, research, and quality improvement purposes when requested
· Assists with overseeing social work student interns from graduate and undergraduate programs
· Collaborates with team members in the development of policies and procedures relating to the Star House and Carol Stewart Village programs
· Participates in “On Call” rotation
· Collaborates with team members to design and implement special projects as needed
· Conducts trainings for frontline staff as needed
· Performs other specific job-related duties as assigned
“Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions of Star House and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio-Council of Governments.”’
· Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field from an accredited program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Current licensure from the State of Ohio as a Social Worker (LISW or LSW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPC or LPCC) and maintenance of said license throughout employment
· Preferred: LISW or LPCC
· Preferred: Two years of counseling or clinical experience
· Experience working with those experiencing homelessness, at-risk youth and/or families.
· Experience in the area of substance use/abuse and trauma.
· Experience utilizing evidence-based therapeutic approaches
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
· Excellent oral and written skills
· Ability to maintain confidential information
· Ability to produce required reports as needed
· Documentation of a clear criminal record in compliance with state statue
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules and Star House and ESC-Council of Governments policies
Note: This assignment may require a valid driver’s license and access/availability of a reliable vehicle.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.