About Smart Columbus
Smart Columbus, an entity of the Columbus Partnership, is an agile, collaborative innovation lab that serves the Columbus Region by anticipating and advancing what is new and next at the intersection of technology and community good.
We seek to increase access to opportunity and an improved quality of life by promoting thought leadership on the future of cities, fostering an ecosystem of regional partners, and deploying human-centered technology in mobility, sustainability, digitalization, and urban technologies.
About the Community Information Exchange (CIE)
No agency can lift a person out of poverty alone. Our community organizations want to rally around individuals and provide true, lasting impact by collaborating across agency borders for each person’s unique benefit. Inspired by examples from other communities nationwide, Franklin County and the City of Columbus have launched the development of a local Community Information Exchange (CIE) to facilitate cross-agency coordination. Smart Columbus is the primary accountable entity for implementing the design and development phases of the product. More on CIEs nationally, https://ciesandiego.org/what-is-cie/.
The primary role of the CIE Project Manager is to oversee the daily work necessary to implement CIE Columbus platform version 1.0 in 2025, onboard social services organizations to the platform, and plan and oversee the work for future releases. This role requires someone to take initiative, to be intellectually curious, to take charge of their own learning, and to pick up things independently and quickly.
This is a full-time, onsite role in Columbus, Ohio; hybrid work arrangements are possible (some days in office, some remote). This role is contingent upon ongoing funding for the project. Compensation and benefits are competitive based on market and experience.
Director, CIE Columbus, Smart Columbus
Essential duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Becoming a subject matter expert for implementation of the CIE platform
- Ensuring project work remains closely aligned with CIE’s objectives and key results (OKRs) and verifying that test builds meet the objectives prior to delivery
- Tracking the project from requirements all the way to delivery, including project phases such as design, development, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, and launch with associated iterations/sprints
- Managing tasks, milestones, and cross-dependencies for the project’s workstreams and across internal and external teams
- Managing user and stakeholder feedback and facilitating the change management of applicable features
- Managing the project’s budget, timeline, resources, and priorities
- Negotiating time/cost/feature trade-offs
- Leading evaluations for make vs. buy decisions; managing sourcing and procurement processes and ensuring RFPs are handled correctly
- Organizing and leading project meetings; facilitating cross-team communications; updating stakeholders regularly
- Escalating issues ASAP to leadership
- Partnering with Analytics team to identify data/metrics for delivering the OKRs and continuous improvement of the user experience
Skills and Background
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates with these skills:
- Deadline-oriented with excellent organization, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; able to communicate clearly and simply
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and to translate them to non-technical audiences
- Value diversity; able to collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Willing to challenge and share thoughtful ideas to create improvements
- Able to manage team conflicts and identify root causes
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of software development and data integration principles and best practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing software/SaaS projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Project Management (Agile preferred)
- Experience working with the social services sector preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects involving evolving technologies, oversight of multiple resources, competitive bid processes, development and reporting of project status, issue resolution, and project financial analysis
- Understanding of the inner workings of mobile apps, cloud-computing platforms, and other common technologies
- This is an onsite role in Columbus, Ohio
- Travel and off-hours work may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience; advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Unique opportunity in an award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit located on the Scioto Mile.
- A team of teams. Smart Columbus is an entity of the Columbus Partnership, providing team members an opportunity to be a part of a bigger enterprise and connected to the work of the Columbus Partnership and One Columbus.
- Energetic and collaborative team passionate about making a difference in the community.
- Superior health and benefits package, including retirement.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CIE Project Manager” in the subject line.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. The Columbus Partnership requires all employees, vendors, and associates to support its nondiscriminatory policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com