About Smart Columbus
Smart Columbus, an entity of the Columbus Partnership, is an agile, collaborative innovation lab that serves the Columbus Region by anticipating and advancing what is new and next at the intersection of technology and community good.
We seek to increase access to opportunity and an improved quality of life by promoting thought leadership on the future of cities, fostering an ecosystem of regional partners, and deploying human-centered technology in mobility, sustainability, digitalization, and urban technologies.
About the Community Information Exchange (CIE)
No agency can lift a person out of poverty alone. Our community organizations want to rally around individuals and provide true, lasting impact by collaborating across agency borders for each person’s unique benefit. Inspired by examples from other communities nationwide, Franklin County and the City of Columbus have launched the development of a local Community Information Exchange (CIE) to facilitate cross-agency coordination. Smart Columbus is the primary accountable entity for implementing the design and development phases of the product. More on CIEs nationally, https://ciesandiego.org/what-is-cie/.
The CIE Columbus Manager, Data & Integrations will lead a data and integrations team who will help launch the CIE Columbus platform by 2025 and oversee its ongoing operations in 2026 and beyond. CIE Columbus is housed within SmartColumbus in partnership with the Rise Together Innovation Institute.
Want to join us in delivering on this mission? Are you experienced leading a small but mighty organization? Do you want to lead a social enterprise tech startup? This role is a great opportunity to positively impact your community by utilizing your skills, experience, and passion to help others.
This is a full-time, onsite role in Columbus, Ohio; hybrid work arrangements are possible (some days in office, some remote). This role is contingent upon ongoing funding for the project. Compensation and benefits are competitive based on market and experience.
Director, CIE Columbus, Smart Columbus
Essential duties and responsibilities
The primary role of the CIE Columbus Manager, Data & Integrations is to deliver the data and integrations components necessary to implement the CIE Columbus platform version 1.0 by 2025, and keep it running smoothly in 2026 and beyond. This includes managing a team of data/integrations engineers and collaborating internally and externally to build and integrate high quality, performant data solutions. Ultimately, this role is responsible for ensuring CIE Columbus has the data and integrations necessary to deliver the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and meet user and stakeholder needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the data and integration components necessary to launch CIE version 1.0 by 2025, keep it running smoothly in 2026 and beyond, and deliver the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Building and managing a supply chain of data that is reliable, scalable, and ensures data quality
- Managing the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver the CIE OKRs with ongoing vendor management
- Overseeing all aspects of data and integration management such as data modeling, data definitions, data pipelines, data governance, data privacy and security, data integration, APIs, ETL, etc.
- Overseeing analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of data and integration systems
- Selecting and building strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, performance management, and other development techniques
- Developing and managing cost estimates, project deliverables, ongoing technical roadmaps
- Sharing regular updates with CIE leaders and stakeholders; escalating issues quickly
Skills and Background
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates with:
- A personal connection to our mission and the community we serve
- A collaborative, inclusive and supportive leadership style; willing to listen to others even in disagreements; empathetic and values diverse opinions; can facilitate and lead people to clear decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; able to communicate clearly and simply
- A flexible attitude; willingness to “wear different hats” as needed to accomplish mission of the organization
- A deep understanding of what makes complex data ecosystems succeed or fail
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully manage a high-stakes, complex data and integration ecosystem
- Proven track record of managing customer-centric data driven solutions across a complex portfolio of stakeholders
- Proven success developing data products, and services that are used by humans (analysts, app developers) and machines (APIs, automations, AI/ML)
- Experience with common data management tools, platforms and methodologies (e.g. data lakehouse architecture, cloud data platforms, ETL, pipelines, hygiene, security, privacy, definitions, access and use policies, etc.)
- Experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Experience fostering the development of high-performance teams including both in-house staff and external contractors
- Experience and comfort with data security, data privacy, controlled/regulated data
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion, including understanding of biases in data, participation in relevant trainings, and a deep understanding of their own race, culture, ability, gender, age, and other identity, and how it relates to the CIE’s users, stakeholders, partners, and community
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience; advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- Unique opportunity in an award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit located on the Scioto Mile.
- A team of teams. Smart Columbus is an entity of the Columbus Partnership, providing team members an opportunity to be a part of a bigger enterprise and connected to the work of the Columbus Partnership and One Columbus.
- Energetic and collaborative team passionate about making a difference in the community.
- Superior health and benefits package, including retirement.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CIE Data & Integrations Manager” in the subject line.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. The Columbus Partnership requires all employees, vendors, and associates to support its nondiscriminatory policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com