Website Pro-Choice Ohio
Position: Development Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Benefits: PTO, EAP, partial reimbursement of cell phone and home internet expenses, mileage reimbursement for work travel, a self-care fund, health care stipend
Status: Part-time permanent position (26 hours/week)
Location: Columbus, OH (on location)
Pro-Choice Ohio is dedicated to building and sustaining a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee access to reproductive healthcare for every Ohioan, including preventive care, family planning, sexuality education, prenatal and postnatal health care, and safe, legal abortion. Pro-Choice Ohio is grassroots 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. Two additional affiliated organizations help advance Pro-Choice Ohio’s mission. The Pro-Choice Ohio Foundation (a 501(c)(3) organization) conducts public education and research intended to increase public awareness of relevant reproductive health care issues. The Pro-Choice Ohio PAC is the state political action committee that conducts direct electoral work with and for pro-choice candidates.
The Development Associate is responsible for assisting and supporting fundraising operations. The position is responsible for processing gifts, managing the donor database system, assisting with donor cultivation and stewardship, and providing support for organizational events. If you want to help fight to protect abortion rights and bodily autonomy for all Ohioans, come join us!
- Enters donation information accurately and promptly into the donor management system and sends donor acknowledgement.
- Handles and maintains the donor database to update potential and current donor information.
- Ensures that the donor database is regularly audited to omit duplicate entries, as well as reviews donor information to ensure the data is properly updated.
- Prepares and analyzes donation reports to review with Department head.
- Contacts donors for updated information.
- Assists in creating and sending mailings/email marketing campaigns.
- Under supervision of the Department head, prepares correspondence and other development-related communication materials.
- Assists supporters seeking information, as well as managing changes to contact preferences and other needs.
- Follows organizational procedures to protect and maintain confidentiality of donors’ information.
- Manages merchandise inventory including, but not limited to, shipping items as needed by the organization.
- Provides support and logistics for special organizational events.
- Opens, sorts of mail, and processes mail donations into the donor management system.
- Collaborates with Operations Manager and Development Director to support the proper processing of checks.
- Works with the Operations Manager to coordinate the reconciliation of the accounting records and provides audit support.
- Collaborates with Operations Manager and Development Director to identify and code donations from online sources.
- Assists in planning and executing staff events, including keeping accurate records of expenses and notes for future planning.
- Purchases and distributes all anniversary, birthday, and other staff gifts, and participates in other staff recognition in collaboration with the Operations Manager.
- Participates in community partner activities as an organizational representative.
- Organizes and maintains list of tasks for the week, including any intra-department project requests.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, including ability to use mail merge and pivot tables.
- Experience utilizing customer relationship management systems (CRMs) or donor management systems, such as EveryAction.
- 1-3 years of development/fundraising or similar experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports and other materials.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of organization and donor information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- Reliable transportation.
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree or equivalent in a related field preferred.
- Regularly sitting for prolonged periods of time working on a computer.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 15 pounds.
To Apply: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/pro-choice-ohio-development-associate-fd02768b-a24f-49b6-a2cf-4f97a27c6a5c
No calls, please. Applications will be accepted electronically only.
At Pro-Choice Ohio, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more creative, and more resilient organization. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences, including people who have had abortions, to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
A Note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary folks, and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gusto.com.