Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (Ohio AAP)
Putting passion and ideas into action to educate and advocate on behalf of Ohio’s children
Position Description: Education Program Manager
(2 Positions Available)
About the Ohio AAP
Beyond merely a pediatric membership organization, the Ohio AAP has been a leader in programming, advocacy, and child health for over 85 years as the strongest network of education and advocacy for pediatrics in the state. The Ohio AAP encompasses 2,900 Ohio pediatricians and residents who are enthusiastic and committed to pediatrics; last year alone we directly impacted over 1M children through our programs and education.
About the Team
We are a dedicated, innovative, mission-driven team that is focused on child health and supporting pediatricians who serve Ohio’s children and families. We are self-starters who are accountable for our own outcomes. We are problem solvers who keep the needs of our members and Ohio’s children on the forefront of our minds. We are a hybrid work environment that rewards dedication and results with flexibility and balance.
About the Position and Candidate
We are seeking 2 program managers to plan, organize and oversee child health education programs from start to finish on preventative health and healthy weight and nutrition and lead prevention. These positions will strategize how to implement new concepts and enhance current programs. In addition to identifying the programs goals, deliverables, objectives, scope and timelines, to succeed in these positions you will leverage program management skills, creativity, organization and passion to exceed expectations while operating with a drive for making a difference in all areas of child health education.
The key to success at the Ohio AAP is to maintain a mindset to approach situations and challenges with flexibility while maintaining a positive outlook and focus. Ultimately, the successful candidates will view program deliverables as a starting point and leverage passion, resources and innovative thinking to drive results and outcomes to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with leadership and funders, cross-functional teams, and assigned medical leadership to develop the scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timelines for multiple child health education programs.
· Market and recruit to providers and public health professionals (on-site or virtual) for education programs.
· Coordinate project teams to achieve goals, including working with stakeholders from multidisciplinary backgrounds and funders.
· Review, revise and/or create project materials in collaboration with experts and team members as needed, such as provider talking points, external handouts, and provider data collection tools.
· Successfully manage program grant deliverables and performance goals both independently and collaboratively with Ohio AAP team and leadership.
· Effectively design and communicate program success and messaging to multiple stakeholder audiences.
· Additional Chapter responsibilities, meetings, events and duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile
· Able to provide leadership, network and build diverse relationships and teams, recruit and motivate volunteers, all while maintaining a passion for prevention and positive youth development.
· Self-starter, goal-oriented, works well collaboratively and independently.
· 1-3 years’ experience working in non-profit sector.
· Experience working with prevention initiatives in these focus areas is desirable.
· Continuing Medical Education (CME) knowledge and experience is desirable.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
This is a full-time salaried position with a hybrid/flexible work environment, paid time off (PTO), generous holiday schedule, SIMPLE IRA plan and full coverage of employee health, wellness program stipend, vision and dental insurance.
How do I apply?
Send salary requirements in a cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ohio AAP c/o Elizabeth Dawson 94-A Northwoods Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235.
In-person inquiries and phone calls will not be considered.
Where to Find Ohio AAP
Facebook: AAP Ohio Twitter:@ohpediatricians
Linked-In: Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com