Website Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc.
We are looking for a Development Coordinator to build a fundraising program from the ground up, helping to ensure MOPS’ financial sustainability in the years ahead. The development coordinator will be an advocate for the importance of mental health, promoting MOPS’ mission in the community and employing fundraising, public relations, and marketing skills to secure resources from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
To apply please complete the job application process at the following link: http://mopscareers.com Please include salary requirements.
Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc is a community mental health agency. Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc. provides high-quality, cost-effective, culturally-sensitive, socially-responsible, mental health, substance abuse, and support services to individuals and community organizations, while offering professional development to its staff and other professionals in the field. www.mopsohio.com
Essential Job Functions
- Develop fundraising plans for the agency, including the exploration of individual giving from staff, community, clients, and families, as well as corporate and foundation giving
- Establish and maintain a positive image for the agency through cooperating and coordinating with other community systems and donors, including networking, building relationships, and representing MOPS at community events
- Coordinate marketing and sponsor opportunities.
- Provide a high-level perspective to the agency’s fundraising, philanthropy, and donor needs.
- Participate in the strategic planning process to integrate fundraising into the agency’s long-term plans
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to pro-actively plan, work, and proceed with a task with limited instruction. Willingly steps up to take on new responsibilities or to help a co-worker complete a task.
- Works collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Communicates effective, both verbally and in writing. Share information and demonstrate ability to listen openly and empathetically to others.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by treating others with fairness and respect.
- Support the relationship between the agency and the community by demonstrating respectful, courteous, and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitor, and other employees.
- Comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate functional job knowledge as listed on the job description.
- Exhibits adequate skills as listed on the job description.
- Maintains professionalism in compliance with agency standards.
- Will maintain competency with technology related to job functions.
- Contributes to fulfilling the agency’s mission and core values by implementing them into daily practice.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Administration or Finance
- At least two years of experience in fundraising, public relations, or marketing roles in the nonprofit sector
- Active Driver’s License and Car Insurance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of fundraising and grant writing.
- Knowledge of the agency’s policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn the principles of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rules and other Federal and State Laws regarding confidentiality and storage of health information.
- Determining how funds will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Effective management of one’s own and other’s time; assessing and prioritizing tasks, and working within deadlines to complete tasks.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to learn agency software systems, as well as a variety of other business software programs.
Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The agency aspires to be one of integrity, inclusion, and strong relationships through diversity among all staff, relationships within the community, and services offered to clients. The agency prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com