Website Local Matters
Development and Communications Associate
Full-time position, Reports to Communications Manager
Local Matters is a nonprofit working to improve food security and health across communities through food education, access, and advocacy. We provide comprehensive programs that give people the resources, knowledge, and skills they need to eat well and feed their families on a budget. In 2022, we reached over 10,000 people with our critical education and access programming.
Local Matters is looking for a dedicated team member with strong organizational, coordination, and communication skills to execute its day-to-day communications and development functions. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, driven, and detail-oriented, with excellent written communication skills, and will have the ability to support multiple tasks in a department. This support role will bolster all communication and fundraising efforts, including but not limited to developing and executing social media, e-communications, organizational collateral, acknowledging donor gifts, maintaining the donor database, assisting in fundraising events and researching potential funding sources. The ideal candidate will have some experience in communications and fundraising, strong writing skills are a must.
· Develop and maintain social media content and calendars
· Provide marketing support to other internal departments
· Maintain print materials, brand collateral, and website
· Acknowledge and track all donor contributions
· Write grant proposals as directed
· Maintain donor database
· Research and track gift prospects
· Assist with all fundraising events including the annual fundraiser
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent written, oral and communication skills
· Highly adaptable
· Interest in collaboration and teamwork
· Schedule flexibility – some nights and weekends are required
· Some experience in maintaining communications and/or fundraising activities
Compensation and Benefits
Local Matters offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, generous PTO, and hybrid work schedule. The salary range for this position is $35,000 to $42,000. Please submit a cover letter and resume by March 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com