Website Jewish Family Services
Jewish Family Services is seeking to hire a career consultant to be a member of a cross-functional team assisting individuals in our training programs to obtain employment by utilizing a holistic approach including: job search assistance, soft-skill building, and access to resources in order to assist individuals in strengthening their identities and increasing long-term career earnings, stability, and ability to support their families.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide individual coaching related to vocational exploration, goal setting, problem-solving and addressing barriers to employment
- Model and teach clients to be current, connected, communicative, and consistent (technology, social media, community resources)
- Provide classroom instruction to participants in computer literacy, job search techniques, life skills, money management, job retention strategies, pre-vocational/career transition opportunities as needed
- Conduct group participation activities to build self-esteem, enhance motivation to complete training, and improve communication skills
- Recruit participants from community relationships and develop new referral pipelines.
- Provide retention coaching for participants with new employment – barrier removal, cultural competencies, and employer mediation
- Identify clients’ social service needs and provide guidance to community resources
- Maintain current knowledge about resume writing and ability to create professional-looking documents
- Work with career services team members to develop and coordinate targeted hiring events, networking meet ups
- Conduct needs assessments through formal and informal evaluation
- Actively engage in a team environment to achieve programmatic goals
- Track client progress documentation through BestNotes, a case management system
- Related Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience
- Related work experience
- Preferred background in workforce development
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain thorough documentation
- Demonstrated customer service, facilitation, and personal coaching skills
- Familiarity with the communities being served, social service partners and other community resources available to clients
Jewish Family Services has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, available on request.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Jewish Family Services helps individuals and families achieve economic independence and emotional stability. We provide a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, using a person-centered approach to tailor services to meet the complex needs of the people who come through our doors.
Our organization is rooted in a rich history of Jewish values. Our services are not limited to those in the Jewish community, but are available to individuals of all races, ethnicities, and religions and from all economic circumstances. Our dedicated and talented staff reflects the diverse communities we serve.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org