The Human Service Chamber of Franklin County (HSC) is a nonprofit chamber of commerce that provides advocacy and member services to over 120 health and human services agencies (“members”) in the Columbus Region. With an increased focus on expanded professional support through shared professional services and resources, HSC has grown its membership by over 50% in the last 18 months. HSC now seeks a leader to direct those shared services and resources to benefit our members, and to better engage the community we serve.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting September 2, 2021.
Summary of Duties
Manage and expand HSC’s suite of shared professional services and resources, while building relationships with members and community partners.
1) Oversee and Expand Shared Professional Services
HSC works with businesses and vendors that provide professional services, ensuring their availability at no additional cost to our members. The Director of Membership & Community Engagement will be charged with improving our existing shared professional service offerings, while establishing new ones.
- Existing: Legal; Communications; Development; Access to PPE
- Needed: Sustainability/Climate Change Supports; IT; Accounting; HR; Insurance; Others as identified.
2) Manage and Expand Shared Resources
Through Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, and our website, HSC hosts internal and external web-based resources to help our member agencies collaborate and communicate with one another. The Director of Membership & Community Engagement will be charged with improving our existing shared resources, while developing new ones.
- Existing Shared Spreadsheets: Mental health resources for nonprofit staff and clients; Event venues with Covid-friendly policies and procedures; DEI&J training and learning resources
- Existing HSC Website Resources: Community calendar; Application to be considered for nonprofit board service; Nonprofit employment board; Online membership directory
- Needed: Recommended vendor lists across professional service areas; Skills-based listservs and shared resources (i.e., connecting all nonprofit HR professionals); Informal communications platform; Social media toolkits; Print membership directory; Others as identified
3) Community Engagement
Engage with member agencies to understand shared professional service and resource needs; Attend member events, virtually and in person; Engage with key nonprofit funders, partners, and stakeholders in meeting members’ shared service and resource needs; Attend relevant community events, virtually and in person.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Other Qualifications
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications abilities;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-moving environment;
- Proficiency in Google Workspace strongly preferred;
- Prior experience working and/or volunteering with health and human services nonprofits strongly preferred;
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and be willing to follow CDC protocols including mask-wearing.
- Background check and reference checks will be conducted (Criminal record will not automatically disqualify applicants);
- Range of benefits, including insurance and paid-time off, all provided by Goodwill Columbus, HSC’s fiscal agent;
- Work may be conducted either remotely or in person;
- Working hours can vary but will include some evenings and weekends to attend and/or participate in events.
How to Apply
- Statement of interest;
- CV or resume; and
- No more than two letters of reference.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com