The controller is the senior finance position reporting to the executive director and is responsible for overseeing all financial and operational functions of the agency. Responsible for functioning of all fiscal and billing operations of the organization. Serves as the Security Officer.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
· Strong accounting, mathematical, and analytic skills
· Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written) to staff and funders
· Ability to forecast, analyze and problem solve
· Possesses a high level of organization and attention to detail
· Works well in teams, has an ability to resolve conflict and negotiate
Self-directed with good time management skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ACTIVITIES
1. Responsible for overseeing and administering all fiscal operations including but not limited to financial reporting, budget preparation, invoicing and grants management.
2. Perform a variety of pre and post award grant management duties, including managing staff allocations, coordinating grant billing and invoicing, and managing grant budgeting and reporting.
3. Functions as the coordinator for independent audit and tax work.
4. Prepares monthly financial statements for presentation to the Executive Director, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors.
5. Staffs the board’s Finance Committee.
6. Works with CPA firm to analyze the agency’s financial status and advise the Executive Director of any unusual situations or findings
7. Prepares, monitors and manages annual agency budget and grant budgets.
8. Integrates general ledger and human resources information system accounts.
9. Supervises staff accountant who maintains receivables and payables.
10. Provides general financial and budget guidance to the management team to promote the agency’s mission.
11. In coordination with the Privacy Officer and IT services company, performs duties outlined in the Security Officer job description.
12. Attends meetings as specified by agency policy and partner agencies requirements.
13. Serves on an agency committee.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years progressive accounting/finance experience.
3. 3+ years financial statement presentation experience.
4. Non-profit agency, grant invoicing preferred but not required.
5. Computer literate with strong data entry and Microsoft office skills.
6. COVID-19 vaccination card must be shown.
To apply for this job please visit www.huckhouse.org.