Website Hilltop Early Learning Center
Hilltop Early Learning Center wants YOU! Apply and work with us! No evenings or weekends.
Lead Teachers support our mission, values, goals, and policies as leaders of the classroom teaching team. Lead Teachers work to promote a mutually respectful classroom environment in which children, families, and staff work together toward success. Lead Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of their classroom providing high-quality, responsive caregiving, intentional curriculum, and standards compliance; guiding and supporting assistant teachers and classroom volunteers and working collaboratively with families to help each child learn to grow. Lead Teachers must be reliable and independent, always mindful of the image and reputation of the organization both internally and externally.
- Minimum of BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field
- Experience in a teaching role for two years
- Career Pathway Level (CPL 3) or higher
- Familiarity with ODJFS licensing rules preferred.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children.
- Maintain active supervision of children at all times to ensure safe and appropriate play and monitor all play areas to ensure safety and cleanliness of equipment; ensure all children are visible at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Child Care Licensing Rules and Columbus Early Learning Centers policies and procedures.
- Ensure the child-staff ratio is maintained at all times.
- Maintain accurate child attendance and meal count records daily.
- Plan and maintain a safe, clean, sanitary, and organized learning environment.
- Respond to crisis or emergency situations that may occur by providing First Aid or CPR, assessing the need for emergency services, and preventing the spread of illness.
- Protect all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity, and immediately report any such incident to the Center Director.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, emotional disturbances, learning disorders, or other special needs and report those signs immediately to the Center Director for follow-up.
- Observe children for any suspected or disclosed signs of child abuse or child neglect and report them immediately to the Center Director and/or the proper child welfare agency.
- Safeguard all classroom supplies and equipment, and account for any misused, damaged, or missing supplies or equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning and general maintenance of the classroom.
Benefits: All full-time staff receive paid benefits including paid holiday, vacation, sick time, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and 401(k). Our wages are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.hilltopearlylearning.org.