Website Godman Guild Association
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on social and economic mobility – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals. for more information about the Godman Guild, please see our website at www.Godmanguild.org.
The Godman Guild is currently seeking a dynamic, compassionate community minded Workforce Initiatives Navigator to assist us in servicing our participants in our WEP program to empower themselves and their families. The primary role is directly assisting able-bodied adults without dependents in Franklin County to regain eligibility for SNAP Benefits. This position is also responsible for providing crisis intervention, goal setting, linkages to community resources, support, barrier removal and other tasks as assigned.
Essential duties are, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides crisis intervention services to participants by making appropriate linkages to community resources to address the crisis.
- Communicates accurate and helpful information to clients about program requirements.
- Assists clients with resume development.
- Assists clients with clarification of careers and subcategories.
- Provides assistance with obtaining a birth certificate, State ID, social security card and/ or any other required documentation
- Provides specialized information and support for re-entry citizens and ESOL participants.
- Create and maintain list of community resources and appropriately linking clients to resources.
- Provides direct service to support participants with work readiness activities.
- Coordinating and facilitating modules on barriers, behavior change, transitioning to employment &/or higher education as needed.
- Assists with program coordination and development.
- Maintains high ethical standards regarding client information and privacy.
- Coordinates, plans and provides administrative support for participant orientations and the monthly resource fairs.
- Acts as an engaged and collaborative member of the Work
- Support Initiatives/ Client Success teams.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience in nonprofit and social services programs
- At least 2 years of social services program experience, nonprofit experience preferred.
- Use effective listening skills to maintain self-esteem and to respond with empathy to the feelings and needs of others, including the use of active listen skills (summarizing, reflecting, not interrupting, etc.) to demonstrate understanding and sensitivity.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft products and web-based software, as well as internet navigation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
reliable access to internet and phone for hybrid WFH environment as needed
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed and requested.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Position occasionally requires lifting and moving up to 50lbs.
To apply for this job please visit godmanguild.org.