Website Godman Guild Association
Godman Guild Association is a Workforce Development non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on social and economic mobility – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals. For more information about the Godman Guild, please see our website at www.Godmanguild.org.
IgniteU is a school-based program focused on empowering and exciting youth in work readiness. The program support staff’s primary role is to provide educational support and assistance to the IgniteU program.
- This includes: Supporting the IgniteU Site and Instructional Coordinators with the meal program, program site set up and cleanup, supply management and storage.
- Working as a member of the IgniteU team to support with attendance, serving meals, activity transitions, restroom breaks, playground activities, behaviors, monitoring and supervision; homework help, co-facilitation of career exploration, work readiness, academic and social emotional learning enrichment activities.
- Supports program dismissal by supervising students walking home, waiting for pickup, and riding on agency vehicles.
- Stepping in as a substitute Academic Mentor in the event of staff absences to supervise assigned students and facilitate after school programming.
- Documenting program activity, data entry, and completing reports as needed.
- During the summer will support SYEP in this role in a PT capacity; the role has the option to transition to full-time based on availability.
This position is specific to Middle School aged youth; work hours are generally M-Th 2pm-6pm; additional available Friday hours are 10a-2p and may involve some work from home. Some additional hybrid work may be available when program is not in session.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Experience facilitating group work with school age youth and working with diverse populations.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, Communicable Diseases, Recognizing Child Abuse, or ability to complete these trainings within 90 days.
- Requires the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Requires intermediate computer skills and experience using office equipment.
- The ability to work non-traditional hours. Some evenings and weekends may occasionally be required.
- The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 per week
Benefits: Employee assistance program
Schedule: Day shift (Monday to Friday)
What are your goals working with youth?
Are you looking for a part time position and available to work M-Th 2pm-6pm?
Youth Education and Mentoring: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org