Community Development for All People (CD4AP) is seeking a self-motivated individual for an active position serving children and their families living on the South Side of Columbus. This role can impact the lives of children and their families in a unique and holistic way. This position is designed for work with children M-F in an in school, after school program. CD4AP is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the economic, social and spiritual quality of life for residents of Columbus’ South Side.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week and serves throughout the 2022/2023 academic year. Interested candidates must have reliable transportation to the site and a schedule allowing them to be present Monday-Friday at the after-school program from 2:30pm-6:30pm. The after-school program is located at Siebert Elementary School on the Southside of Columbus.
Role Responsibilities and Related Tasks
To successfully complete the role of After School Program Educator, the selected candidate will be called upon to:
- Build meaningful relationships and actively engage with students in the after-school program.
- Contribute to efforts that ensure the program meets all compliance standards.
- Develop and implement program activities that engage and support student development.
- Participate in coaching and professional development provided for all program staff and volunteers.
- Participate in regular after school staff meetings and trainings.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with school stakeholders, to include principal, teachers, office staff, and others.
- Identify students and coordinate student outreach for the after-school program.
- Work with school staff to align after-school activities with the school day while implementing evaluation. tools.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of positive parent relations and engagement opportunities.
- Assist with the delivery of on-going parent workshops, services, and special events. Facilitate parent involvement with other CD4AP services and programming.
- Working toward or completion of Associate/Bachelor Degree in child development, human development & family sciences, elementary education, allied health, psychology/sociology, or a related field; BS/BA preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working with elementary age youth in after school programs (preferred).
- CPR/1st Aid certified (preferred).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with students, parents, school staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate program goals and outcomes, and use outcome data for continuous quality improvement.
- Experience working in a school and/or non-profit setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written, and interpersonal).
- Skill in operating computers and other office equipment, and ability to use the MS Office suite, Google Drive and Calendar.
Employment contingent upon ability to successfully complete a criminal background check and be fully vaccinated.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.