Website Columbus Urban League
The administrative assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the President’s office by performing a variety of administrative tasks, including administrative support of the assigned member of senior leadership team. This role works closely with the President and CEO’s Executive Assistant and other administrative support staff assigned to various departments/programs. Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Columbus Urban League by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, arranging meetings and functions as directed. Screen incoming calls and mail and route to appropriate individual.
- Manage calendars, including but not limited to arranging meetings, arranging conferences and travel plans for executive leadership (i.e., booking flights, room reservations, transportation etc.). Maintain filing systems as assigned and file as needed.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed. Assists with the creation Personnel Action Requests, Purchase Requisitions and other documentation needed for team operational support. Provide administrative support for special projects.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions. Monitors email inboxes for external communication. Maintains spreadsheets and contact lists for stakeholder relationships Coordinates donor direct mail and receipt disbursement process Assist the office with implementation of special events and fundraisers.
- Responsible for handling and completing purchase requisitions for all members of the President’s office as directed or other miscellaneous needs of the Finance Department. Responsible for timesheet collection and submittal as directed, (i.e. regular, temporary, and seasonal staff) Responsible for all President’s office administrative detail, supply room, ordering supplies, Iron Mountain storage annual collection, printer maintenance, oversite of third floor storage area.
- Assist with administrative tasks for front desk navigation rotation. Responsible to provide coverage when the Executive Assistant to the President, Service Navigators and/or other Program Administrators are in need or out of the office.
- Organization and preparation of necessary materials for presentations and special projects for the President’s office as well as the Board of Director meetings. Preparation of board packets, scribing and communication of board meeting notes and other aspects for the Board of Director meetings.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree in administrative, or related field with 5 or more years of experience as an Administrative Assistant is highly preferred. Experience working in a non-profit environment a plus. Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, a critical thinker, and take initiative. Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Must be proficient with MS Office, be a self-starter, critical thinker, and detail oriented. This role requires flexibility, with the ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow-ups. Must be extremely organized and highly disciplined, with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information. Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs and demonstrate capability to multi-task and work within strict deadlines and for long hours. Passion for mission and project work. Entrepreneurial mindset with the willingness to be engaged in multiple projects at once. Professional business attire and appearance required. Columbus Urban League offers benefits to all of its Full-Time employees, including: Medical Dental Vision Employer Paid – Life Insurance & AD&D Supplemental insurance is also available to employees 401k Plan (Part-Time employees also eligible) Generous Paid Time-Off policy and paid holidays
No phone calls please
All correspondence should go through [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com