The Program Administrator will be responsible for the overall daily administrative duties and serve as the first point of contact for the department. This position will be responsible for administrative support duties for the MBAC director, department initiatives, and other programs in the organization as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the central point of communication for department: answering phone calls/checking VM/returning calls, greeting guests, and sort/distribute incoming mail.
- Serve as the liaison between MBAC and other programming within the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining the MBAC Director’s calendar – including scheduling/confirming appointments, prepping documents for meetings, etc.
- Assist in answering questions from all customers, clients and vendors. Use critical thinking skills to resolve any issues.
- Maintain a complete and detailed filing system by auditing and updating the system on an ongoing basis.
- Audit and revise of the department’s Legacy Binders.
- Responsible for submission of IT/Facilities requests and department upkeep.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes and sending them to Director and those in attendance.
- Coordinate weekly report collection and compile for submission to MBAC Director.
- Assist with onboarding new MBAC staff members.
- Provide back-up administrative support for the organization and Front Desk position as needed.
- Assist MBAC Director with collecting, submitting, and processing of timesheets.
- Assist with securing documents needed for department/funder reports.
- Develop, audit, and submit Purchase Requests (including mileage, invoices, purchase orders, reimbursements, travel requests etc.) and all other documents requested by Finance Department.
- Assist in processing, recording, and submitting financial information to the Finance Department.
- Responsible for tracking spending per each grant budget as it relates to program supplies and maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Work with Finance Department to troubleshoot any department or grant issues.
- Develop and maintain a database of MBAC program participants and identify if additional services can be offered to provide holistic support to the entire family unit.
- Assist with collecting data and analyzing reports for each initiative within department.
- Work with MBAC Director and Program Coordinators to maintain all program files for compliance and be audit ready at all times.
- Work with Program Coordinators to maintain consistent and effective communication with participants and their families (including phone calls, drafting parent letters/emails, creating memos/flyers, etc.).
- Draft contracts and memorandums of understanding for consultants and/or vendors.
- Schedule and staff meetings/events.
- Event support may include – Parent engagement, field trips, closing ceremonies.
- Assist with organizing program staff schedules, classes and events.
- Assist Program Coordinators with scheduling of consultants and program presenters.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned
The MBAC will provide services to eligible MBE/EDGE clients to achieve higher levels of growth and competitiveness. MBAC efforts target emerging businesses and clients with annual revenues of over $1,000,000. MBAC is committed to providing high level business development services to eligible clients, developing and maintaining a network of strategic partnerships, providing customized business and financial consulting services, including lending and maintaining a referral service for clients.
The MBAC provides business and financial advising via one-on-one counseling and large group training sessions.
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a minimum of 1 year of experience in direct customer service and administrative support duties or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office required.
- Valid driver license, auto insurance and reliable transportation is required.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to perform skilled clerical and administrative functions, including but not limited to preparing and mailing correspondence and other materials as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, gather data, and complete all department reporting as needed.
Professional business attire and appearance required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org