Columbus Urban League has career services staff as a part of the subcontractor consortium at OhioMeansJobs -Columbus Franklin County that provides comprehensive workforce services to adults and dislocated workers. This position verifies eligibility for program services, provides case management, conducts assessments and interviews, as well as facilitates customer access. Provides career guidance and assistance to customers by removing barriers to service.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Program Supervisor will manage the TDS, TES and BSC Staff, while adhering to Guidelines, Polices, Procedures, and Regulations under WIOA/Title I/EQUUS, Goodwill, Columbus Urban League and the WDBCO.
· Ensure proper delivery of services happen with staff, jobseekers and providers.
· Audit Case Files
· Approve and review, all ITA’s, OJT’s, Training requests, Support Services, etc.
· Manage Active Case loads of Previous Staff until New Staff are hired
· Accept and return all phone calls and emails
· Track WIOA Paper Applications and distribute to staff to enter in ARIES
· Review and Approve timesheets and time off requests of direct report staff
· Distribution of information and analyze data
· Distribute and review exits completed in ARIES
· Provide coverage when needed for staff (CRC, Front Desk, Cohorts, Orientation, etc.)
· Schedule and manage cohorts, workshops, and assist staff if needed
· Audit data in ARIES to ensure data is accurate and inform staff or peers of corrections as needed
· Attend and report back on trainings and conferences
· Assign and guide projects/events delegated to assigned staff
· Ensure all deadlines given are met by staff
· Gain knowledge of the responsibilities of all OMJCFC, WDBCO, partner and provider staff
· Attend impromptu meetings and discussions
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
· Related bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience.
· 3-5 years of experience in workforce development or related programs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
· Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
· Demonstrate behaviors reflecting company’s core values:
• Equity and Justice
• High Performance
• Innovation, Integrity
· Professional business attire and appearance required.
· Bilingual preferred, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Listening skills
• Strategic thinking
• Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
• Bilingual preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com