The Housing Stabilization Project Navigator provides case management services to individuals and families prior to, during and directly after their period of homelessness. Successfully secure a complete emergency funding request. Additionally, conduct comprehensive client assessments to collect financial, employment, housing, educational, mental health, substance abuse, etc. histories to develop the most appropriate referral resources to complement housing stabilization goals. Operates with a Housing First philosophy; utilizing Harm Reduction, Progressive Engagement and Trauma Informed Care methodologies of client engagement and care recognizing that all services are client driven.
The Columbus Urban League Housing Stabilization Program helps people address the many problems that lead to housing crises. Professional staff offer information, referrals, case management and other services to renters and homeowners facing short-term crises and supports access to emergency funds for low to moderate income constituents adversely impacted by COVID 19 economic impact. The program facilitates the intake, counseling, application and payment of city and county funds landlords and tenants to prevent eviction and/or homelessness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Appropriately navigate clients (landlords, tenants, homeowners) through the ALLITA360 application process to provide accurate information and documentation, follow up as needed, assist them in accessing ERA and Utility Assistance.
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments to collect financial, employment, housing, educational, mental health, substance abuse, etc. histories to develop the most appropriate referral resources to complement housing stabilization goals
- Assist in the development of support systems to meet clients’ needs if re-housing is necessary
- Refer clients to necessary therapeutic, social service, medical, educational, employment, etc. resources within the community.
- Maintain accurate and complete file information, case notes and documentation clearly and completely documenting goals, action steps and outcomes.
- Ensure all clients remain compliant in all program policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain contacts/relationships with community resources and partners to most efficiently support and advocate for clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned and necessary for shelter operations
- Knowledge of landlord tenant rights and fair housing laws.
- Excellent case management skills, especially with the low-to-moderate income population.
- Ability to work with clients on an individual basis and in groups.
Strong ability to meet aggressive performance goals for program services.
- Strong ability to manage a large and diverse pool of clients at different stages of the rental and/or home buying processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor and networking skills.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products,
- Other Duties as Assigned
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
- This position requires the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field in addition to a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with a diverse population experiencing homelessness.
- Energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, an ability to multi-task and possess great communication skills and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Some experience in housing counseling, knowledge of the financial sector (i.e. banking, mortgage etc.) and/or human services.
- If not already HUD certified, the selected applicant has three (3) months and/or two attempts to complete the HUD Certified Housing Counselor certification. You will also be required to obtain other certifications as necessary for specialization.
Must be willing to travel out of state to obtain certifications and attend conferences.
- Valid driver license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation is required.
- Professional business attire and appearance required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org