Position Summary (see program description below)
Community Health Workers (CHW) are essential to keeping Ohio’s economy open while protecting against community spread of COVID-19. Under the general direction of the Program Manager, this position is responsible for delivering client-centric services and meeting performance requirements that are consistent with the mission of the Columbus Urban League.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and supports a caseload of clients who may be COVID positive or have other health needs.
- Interviews contacts via telephone call or in person; with case notes added to appropriate system within 24 hours of contact per HUB requirements.
- Interviews clients provide linkages and referrals to community-based services and/or health care providers.
- Guides clients through a screening and documentation process (triage) to determine eligibility for financial assistance.
- Screens for social determinants of health and conducts client needs assessments
- Ensures program is meeting stated outcomes and/or goals.
- Prepares bi-weekly, monthly and/or quarterly reports.
- Participates in regularly scheduled operations meetings as required.
- Recruits and accepts referrals.
- Plans and delivers effective program activities and services and monitors activities for efficacy.
- Provides prevention programming to selected and indicated populations.
- Integrate program services into other CUL initiatives.
- Provides individual sessions to support individuals, inclusive of individuals challenged with alcohol and/or substance use, and link individuals to appropriate services related to both within CUL and with other community partners.
- Other duties as assigned
Health Equities Service Coordination – Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
Service Coordination at Sawyer/Trevitt will support residents in targeted areas of their lives, conducting comprehensive needs assessments, creating individualized service plans based on residents’ needs, connecting residents to services to meet their specific needs, and connecting regularly with residents until they successfully complete their identified goals.
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 3+ years of social service experience; or
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 3+ years of call center experience with strong community service/volunteer experience; or
- High school diploma or equivalent with an active Community Health Worker Certification; or:
- Bilingual, proficiency with a second language, fluency in English and Somali
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and experience.
- Strong, empathetic communication skills are essential to this role.
- Sensitive, culturally competent communication and active listening are key.
- Must have customer/social service experience and demonstrate the ability to organize and accomplish multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successful candidates will have a strong background working with people with complex needs, with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and de-escalate tense conversations.
- CHWs are involved with client’s sensitive health-related information, maintaining confidentiality and protecting the privacy of CUL clients is of utmost importance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and video conference software is required.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation is required.
While the agency is on a remote work schedule, candidates will be expected to set up and maintain their home working environment, including initial setup of their workstation (e.g., setting up a computer, establishing internet connection). CHW must be comfortable toggling between multiple computer applications daily and entering data into databases accurately and efficiently. Candidates with strong computer literacy skills are more likely to be successful in this role.
Professional business attire and appearance required while working in person or remotely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certification or Licensure: A valid Ohio Driver’s License is required in addition to a driving record that is in compliance with the Columbus Urban League only if the employee is assigned to transport program participants, or any other type of activity that mandates driving. Licensure or certification in Social Work, Counseling or another social service field desired but not required. CUL may be able to assist in the completion of a CHW Certification.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must be able to operate Microsoft applications, organize and prioritize work, time management, meet deadlines and operate office equipment.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Bilingual in Somali preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and abilities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to professionally represent the Columbus Urban League, and effectively interact with diverse populations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com