The Business Advisor will be responsible for interviewing and assessing clients’ needs and developing action plans and providing MBAC clients with one-on-one consulting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interviewing and assessing MBAC clients’ needs and preparing customized plans.
- Providing MBAC clients with one-on-one consulting; joint venture and strategic alliance services and assisting with certification.
- Preparing financial proposals
- Providing bid preparation assistance and identifying marketing opportunities.
- Input of transactions into the reporting system and preparing consulting notes.
- Working closely with MBAC Director and/or other agencies to facilitate operation of MBAC.
- Engaging in community involvement, including: public speaking, assisting in efforts to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of training events; and serving as an instructor on business topics at trainings.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The MBAC will provide services to eligible MBE/EDGE/WBE/VFBE clients to achieve higher levels of growth and competitiveness. MBAC efforts target emerging businesses and clients with annual revenues of over $1,000,000. MBAC is committed to providing high level business development services to eligible clients, developing and maintaining a network of strategic partnerships, providing customized business and financial consulting services, including lending and maintaining a referral service for clients.
The MBAC provides business and financial advising via one-on-one counseling and large group training sessions.
Job Requirements Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in business administration, economics or other related fields and/or possess a minimum of five years’ experience in business management or business ownership.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of business principles, high level of interpersonal analytical and communication skills; ability to handle multiple assignments, organize and establish work priorities with minimal direction and supervision.
- Must obtain CBA Certification within six (6) months of hire date or program year
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and the ability to travel.
- Demonstrate behaviors reflecting company’s core values: equity and justice, high performance, innovation, integrity, and empowerment.
- Professional business attire and appearance required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Bilingual a plus, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com