Website Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio is a nationally recognized innovator in community public health and stands at a transformational time in its history. Founded in 2010 as a joint project of the West Ohio Conference of The United Methodist Church and Access Health Columbus, the Charitable Pharmacy serves approximately 1,600 neighbors annually with more than 100,000 prescriptions at no cost. The Charitable Pharmacy opened a second pharmacy location in Linden in September 2021 alongside strategic partners that will help us more fully address families’ basic needs and social determinants of health.
Our vision is for all people, regardless of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability or sexual orientation, to have affordable and sustainable access to prescription medications and pharmacy services in order to optimize health in our community.
The Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio’s primary mission is to provide affordable and appropriate pharmacy services* and coordinate access to healthcare for people who are vulnerable** in our community.
*Pharmacy Services: Medicines and necessary services to ensure optimal clinical outcomes
**Vulnerable: Those living at or below 200% of the federal poverty level who are uninsured or underinsured for prescription medications
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for the creation, development, management, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive fundraising program consistent with the Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio’s mission, vision, and values. The Director of Development is responsible for researching new grant opportunities, preparing grant applications, applying to private foundations and corporations, and reporting on grant deliverables.
The Director of Development will also build and appropriately grow a robust, responsive, and comprehensive individual giving program that is celebrated for its donor engagement, communication, acknowledgement and stewardship. The Director of Development will maintain fundraising policies and procedures in keeping with the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Our ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to steward the Charitable Pharmacy’s fundraising and development efforts in this post-COVID era. They have a track record of success in philanthropy, strong story writing abilities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have ambition that matches the current growth of our nonprofit organization. Our ideal candidate thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff. High ethical standards and self-motivation are critical, as is the ability to work independently and collaboratively with pharmacy staff, executive leadership, and multiple community funders and institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Minimum of five years of professional fundraising and development experience
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Proficient with CRM and email software (e.g. Constant Contact, Donor Perfect, etc.)
- Experience working in health/human services
GRANT WRITING AND MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for researching, preparing, and submitting grant applications to private foundations, corporations, and government entities that provide funding in support of our mission
- Responsible for managing relationships with grant funders, working collaboratively across team to ensure all deliverables are met, and reporting outcomes in accordance with grant agreements
- Develop and direct a comprehensive year-round program to cultivate new prospects and seek out new funding opportunities
- Directly creates and manages the strategy and tactics for sustainability of program funding
INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND DONOR RELATIONS
- Build and appropriately grow a robust, responsive and comprehensive approach to development that integrates stakeholder input, best practices, research, and organizational change capacity
- Organize, lead and oversee the team, systems, and processes for a dynamic and innovative fundraising department including Annual Fund campaigns, planned giving program, and donor stewardship
- Ensure above team, systems and processes include robust donor engagement and communication, acknowledgement, data and database management
- Oversee creation of Annual Report and other promotion materials to celebrate organization and program impact (in partnership with Communications Manager and/or outside creative talent)
- Serve as the organization’s Major Gifts Officer and directly support Executive Director and Board in fundraising efforts including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donor prospects
- Develop systems to administer all donor benefits in accordance with IRS guidelines
- Maintain all donor files and records in Donor Perfect and ensure timely delivery of acknowledgement letters
- Assist the Executive Director with budget projections, establish appropriate goals for the Annual Fund and planned giving program, and develop a plan for achieving these goals
- Provide Executive Director and Board of Directors with periodic progress reports on all fundraising events and campaigns, annual fundraising goals, and other reports as requested
- Participate in Board and committee meetings as requested by the Executive Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to CharitablePharmacy@gmail.com
The Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org