Website Central Community House
NOTE: This role is also uniquely designated as a Public Impact Fellow, in partnership with the College of Social Work (CSW) at The Ohio State
University. Fellows must be a new graduate (two years or less) from The OSU College of Social Work. Fellows will commit to receive quarterly professional and leadership development training and a $7,500 annual stipend – paid out quarterly and directly to the fellow from OSU CSW – for the fellow’s participation in and satisfactory completion of the Public Impact Fellowship. The fellow will become a member of the Public Impact Fellows cohort, which includes other members from each participating settlement house in Columbus. The fellowship (with the stipend) is supported for up to three years once employment officially begins.
WHO WE ARE
Central Community House (CCH) is a source of support and a community home for the children, teens, families and seniors living in the near east and near south neighborhoods of Columbus. As a full-service community center, neighbors of all ages come together to learn, play, share their gifts and find assistance when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Health and Housing Navigator, you will assess barriers and assets of Seniors seeking services through Village Central and develop case plans for each individual while providing resources that are best suited to support the individual and promote their ability to age in place in their own home safely and comfortably.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
· Bachelors in social work or related field.
· Preferred experience working with low-income seniors (Age 60+) or as a Community Health Worker, licensed social workers (or equivalent) preferred.
· Drivers’ license, reliable transportation and ability to be insured (i.e., no major or DUI offenses in last five years).
· Must be able to listen; communicate verbally with proper tone of voice and grammar in person and over telephone.
· Satisfactory criminal and child abuse background check.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
· Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
· Medical Insurance, 85% employer-paid
· Short-term disability & life insurance, 100% employer-paid
· Dental & Vision Insurance
· 401(K) Retirement Plan
· Mileage Reimbursement for work-related travel
· 28 Days of Sick/Vacation Time, in addition to 10 paid organizational holidays
· Eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
· Screen individual seniors to assess needs and directly assist in solving needs or find suitable assistance available in the community.
· Work with the individual to create sustainable budgets for housing and health needs.
· Provide referral to community partners where needed.
· Maintain accurate and timely records, case notes, and other documentation for all individual interactions.
· Plan and or support educations workshops and social events aimed at senior needs.
· Perform special projects and other tasks as assigned
· Making presentations to community organizations about the Agency
· Attend Agency and other community meetings as assigned
· Participate in professional development and educational activities
· Collaborate with staff across all departments to advance the mission of Central Community House.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com