Website Broad Street Presbyterian Church
Career Opportunity: COMPASS Director for Broad Street Presbyterian Church
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the Columbus community? Are you a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills? If so, we want to speak with you about our open position!
This is a full-time position that requires availability to work some weeknights and weekends.
The salary range is in the mid-50K plus benefits.
The COMPASS Director will provide leadership and oversight of the COMPASS Program. For 40+ years, this program has been providing short-term assistance to those in need, a life skills development component was recently added. With an annual program budget of $450K and working in collaboration with the Director of Neighborhood Outreach, the COMPASS Committee, church partners and the congregation, the COMPASS Director will shape the vision of this outreach program as an important member of the Neighborhood Outreach team at Broad Street.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Give shape to and guide the development of the COMPASS Program.
• Supervise, develop, and retain COMPASS program staff, interns, and volunteers.
• Actively engage partnering organizations and donors.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Four-year college degree.
• Excellent listening & coaching skills.
• High ethical standards, positive attitude, self-directed & mission driven.
• Knowledge of current community challenges & opportunities.
• Leadership & supervisory experience, a plus.
• Experience in setting & achieving strategic objectives including managing a budget.
• Ability to work both independently & in close collaboration with others.
• Fundraising experience including grant writing.
• Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, honoring differences, and abilities.
Broad Street Presbyterian Church is a 136-year-old urban congregation located on the near east side of Columbus Ohio. The 700 members come from over forty zip codes in the metro area. The congregation has a strong commitment to mission in its immediate neighborhood, throughout the city and around the world.
Visit our website:
We offer a work environment of ethics, integrity, and a passion for serving our community. Apply today to come join our team! Send Resume to: Tracy Ross, email@example.com by December 8, 2023.
Employer is EEO/M/F/V/D.
To apply for this job email your details to Compass@bspc.org