Website Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Central (BGCCO) is to enable young people to reach their full potential. Our vision is for all young people regardless of their zip code or circumstances to have the opportunity to achieve a great future.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Ohio, an Affiliate of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, empowers the young people who need us most to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens by providing high-quality and impactful out-of-school time programming for youth in grades K-12. BGCCO serves 4,000 youth per year throughout Central Ohio.
BGCCO’s Community Engagement Officer will serve as a member of the growing Advancement Team. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this role plans, implements, and directs all community relations efforts of BGCCO to advance the mission and position the organization as the premier youth development program in central Ohio.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and create opportunities within the central Ohio community to build public awareness, support, and engagement for BGCCO
- Develop and manage a robust program for individuals and groups for ongoing and one-time volunteer opportunities
- Strategically plan, coordinate, and execute experiences that connect volunteers to BGCCO’s mission and cultivates long-term relationships
- Create and execute a BGCCO Alumni Engagement Strategy to inspire Boys & Girls Clubs alumni to re-engage and invest in the great futures of youth in central Ohio
- Develop, cultivate, and recommend meaningful and outcome-oriented community alliances and collaborative partnerships with central Ohio businesses, non-profit organizations, and community leaders
- Provide guidance and direction to the Chief Advancement Officer and BGCCO Senior Leadership Team on community relations decisions to drive the goals of the BGCCO Strategic Plan
- Work in partnership with the Advancement Team to identify, recruit, and secure individual donors, corporate sponsors, in-kind services, and strategic community partners
- Assist the Advancement Team with events and experiences that engage members, supporters, increase brand awareness, and grows revenue
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team to ensure alignment in achieving fundraising and friend-raising goals through strategic community relations decisions
- Serve as the liaison to the BGCCO Programs Team and BGCA for third party fundraisers and volunteer opportunities
- Participate in community activities, including attending events and joining civic/community organizations on behalf of BGCCO
Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of community organizing.
- May have direct oversight of special programs and/or events.
- Strong interpersonal skills accompanied by a proven track-record of participating on successful teams.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to be self-directed to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a nonprofit organization, with development experience.
- Demonstrated ability in community relations working with young people, parents/caregivers, and key community leaders.
- Proven skills in creating, fostering, and rehabilitating relationships.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Donor database experience (preferred).
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs. – Occasionally to Frequently
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position – Occasionally to Frequently
- Ability to move about inside and outside the office for travel and events etc. – Occasionally to Frequently
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment – Constantly
To apply for this job please visit www.screenfast.biz.