Since 2021, BirdieLight has been the leading voice for fentanyl education in our country. BirdieLight is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded after the sudden fentanyl-related death of our executive director’s son Eli; the organization is dedicated to providing fentanyl education to all Americans age 14-25, with the singular mission to prevent further senseless deaths, and has thus far educated thousands of students across the country. BirdieLight educates both in-person and through our BirdieBox curriculum, now available to high-schools across the country.
We actively strive towards an inclusive culture that values celebration, diversity, equity, and inclusion, collaborative leadership, and integrated education, access, and advocacy. We are committed to equal opportunity employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio-economic status, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Director of Outreach and Development, Part-Time
· Looking to make a meaningful difference in our the fentanyl public health crisis?
· Is your workplace’s commitment to saving lives important to you?
· Join BirdieLight’s team and inspire hope and meaningful change.
BirdieLight is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Director of Outreach and Development who will be responsible for the creation of an innovative development plan. Through research and community outreach, the position will cultivate opportunities for our organization that will in turn lead to increased awareness, fundraising revenue, and partnerships.
This position oversees the management of our giving campaigns, and will be the primary researcher for grant opportunities and grant-writing. The Director of Outreach and Development will lead with strategic, creative, and financial intelligence as well as a strong business intellect to take our organization to the next level. This position will collaborate closely with BirdieLight’s leadership to promote and advance BirdieLight’s mission, vision, and values.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-years experience leading fund development and an understanding of nonprofit communications strategies for both donor and participant engagement.
· Work closely with the Board, staff, and key constituents to establish a comprehensive advancement plan based on short and long-range program goals.
· Create and coordinate opportunities for the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors to meet with current and prospective donors.
· Provide leadership for prospect research, database management, relationship building, cultivation and solicitations, and donor relations.
· Fundraising Expertise: ability to direct all elements of nonprofit fundraising including major donor solicitation and retention, grant-writing and administration, letter-writing, corporate sponsorships, government grants
· Integrate grants management, including grant writing (both governmental/nongovernmental), and relationship management with foundation and corporate funders.
· Prepare donation reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Work closely with Marketing Director for plan development.
· Direct and participate in planning for fundraising events.
· Supervise all donor communications.
· Ability to build trust with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and partner organizations.
· Comfortable operating with uncertainty and change, ready to take advantage of unexpected opportunities and adapt quickly as the context shifts.
· Attention to detail and follow-through.
· Be highly organized and handle several tasks simultaneously.
· Work in collegial way with Board, volunteers and other staff.
· Maintain confidentiality about donor and department’s sensitive information.
· A high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
· Be skilled in data entry, analysis, and management.
· Meet grant deadlines.
· Work independently but within the scope of agreed-upon department goals.
· Belief in the mission of BirdieLight
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
· Demonstrated experience in influential relationship management, fundraising, and community relations.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication.
· Familiarity with donor databases, donor management systems
· Ability to work independently and also promote a collaborative environment
Title: Director of Outreach and Development
Work Location: Remote, with some in-person meetings and events.
Reports to: Executive Director.
Part-Time position (20 hrs/week)
Compensation: $29/hour, negotiable with candidate’s level of experience.
Please provide a cover letter with a resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2023. Please direct any questions to Lea Kotte at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit birdielight.org.