Position Title: Events Manager
Work Location: Columbus, OH; Hybrid Flexibility
Employment/FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Senior Implementation Director
Salary Range: $53,000 – $57,500/yr.
Besa is on a mission to transform the volunteer experience by bringing the community together in meaningful, impactful ways. Besa is an Albanian term that means “to keep the promise,” and more than a decade into its work, Besa is keeping its promise to Central Ohio. Since launching in 2012, our agency has rallied 81,000 volunteers, giving 210,000 hours through 13,600 service projects, and it has facilitated $97M in community impact. This mission extends beyond numbers; it’s about strengthening the very fabric of our community. By connecting individuals with opportunities to give back, Besa fosters a sense of unity, compassion, and shared responsibility. Through these collective efforts, we address immediate needs, build lasting relationships, and contribute to the overall well-being and resilience of our community.
About the Role
Over the last 11 years, Besa has been at the forefront of curating, partnering, and managing community-wide volunteer events, evolving these initiatives into impactful experiences that garner substantial support and create lasting impact. As our agency has expanded, so has the demand for these collaborative efforts, with some events attracting hundreds of volunteers to champion key causes.
In addition to volunteer programs, we plan and execute experiences that go beyond traditional engagement, fostering deeper connections with key stakeholders, including Besa funders and community leaders. The scale and diversity of our initiatives – ranging from MLK Day of Service and The Big Table to community-wide supply drives like WISH, and support for planned fundraisers by our Advancement Department – highlight the breadth of our programming.
The Events Manager is a new role that is central to delivering exceptional experiences for our partners and the broader volunteer community. The Events Manager is integral in ensuring the seamless execution of events that uphold our commitment to impactful community engagement.
- Plan and execute large volunteer program events, which may also include supporting Besa fundraising events, overseeing all aspects from inception to completion.
- Conduct regular meetings with partners, sponsors, and key stakeholders to discuss event needs, covering areas such as budget, timeline, and scope of work.
- Develop and maintain a database of events and key performance metrics.
- Organize and lead internal Besa event committees, adeptly delegating tasks for seamless execution.
- Cultivate strong relationships by actively participating in Besa events, fundraisers, and relevant gatherings, enhancing Besa’s network and promoting our mission and values.
- Collaborate on event marketing and communications, and actively contribute to volunteer recruitment activities. Work closely with the
- Marketing team and dedicated committees to ensure the success of these initiatives.
- Serve as the day-of/on-site lead point of contact, ensuring smooth event execution.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned, contributing flexibly to the dynamic needs of the organization and furthering the overall mission of Besa.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in developing and managing mid to large-scale events, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience working with, managing, and coordinating volunteers, fostering positive and meaningful engagement.
- Demonstrates effective and engaging communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exhibits leadership, professionalism, optimism, and enthusiasm.
- Possesses creative problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to high-touch customer service, remaining responsive to partner and team needs.
- Practices strong time management skills and can efficiently meet tight deadlines.
- Skilled in creating, managing, and adhering to budgets.
- Proficient in using technology, including Monday, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Canva, and Microsoft Office.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a strong desire to contribute to positive change in the world.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and willing to adhere to CDC protocol.
To succeed in this role, the individual must effectively perform each essential duty. The physical demands and work environment outlined below are representative of those encountered while fulfilling the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations can be arranged for individuals with disabilities.
- Regularly use a computer and engage with co-workers in both office and virtual environments.
- Frequently stand or sit to complete work, with occasional lifting and movement of up to 40 pounds.
- Reliable transportation is required due to occasional local travel.
- Responsible for providing a phone and ensuring an adequate workspace for completing all work.
At Besa, our unwavering commitment to our mission is the heartbeat of our organization. We hold these core values close to our hearts, and we seek team members who share in this ethos:
- Lead with Heart: We approach every situation with empathy, open hearts and open minds. We support our teammates internally as passionately as we support others externally. We empower each other to do good work and enthusiastically roll up our sleeves to dive in at any level needed.
- Be Fearless: We think forward. We welcome ideas. We take risks. We remain agile. We aren’t afraid to fail, because failure brings learning, and learning prompts change.
- Bring People Together: We value human connection and strive to strengthen it and inspire it through people and technology. We nurture a collaborative culture driven by a strong sense of community. We communicate openly with love and respect.
- Serve with Kindness: We are present. We actively listen. We genuinely care. We embrace our best, most authentic selves, and we help others do the same by providing a sense of purpose. And we do it with joy. We strive daily to be the good—together.
Joining Besa means embracing these core values, contributing to a mission-driven environment, and being part of a team that seeks to make a positive impact on the world, one connection at a time.
What We Offer
Joining Besa comes with a range of benefits aimed at supporting your well-being, professional growth, and alignment with our mission:
- Energetic and collaborative team environment passionately dedicated to our mission of doing good.
- Flexible hybrid work environment that values work-life balance.
- Award-winning entrepreneurial nonprofit making a positive impact.
- Headquarters located in Columbus, Ohio’s Brewery District, within a collaborative and inspiring workspace.
- Competitive health and dental benefits, along with retirement and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Unlimited PTO policy and an additional 10 paid holidays.
- Participate in volunteering activities, team retreats, and immerse yourself in a vibrant company culture.
Besa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, ensuring a fair and inclusive workplace. While this job description is designed to represent the job requirements, additional duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed at any time with or without notice. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and will undergo a criminal background check prior to hire.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.