Are you someone who is impeccably organized? Are you a strong communicator who is able to disseminate information clearly, accurately, and effectively? Are you highly detail oriented with a strong commitment to excellence? Do you have strong interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism and integrity?
As the Executive Coordinator, you will support the Executive Director with a broad range of duties, including scheduling and administrative support, communication with Board members, staff, and key stakeholders. In addition, you will support special projects.
The following statements describe you. You are organized, a strategic thinker, and have the ability to handle confidential matters with discretion. You are honest and persistent with excellent listening and communication skills to meet the various needs of the people you serve; and you share a strong understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and does not have access to exam content nor exposure to the Exam Development Committee.
- Optimize Executive Director’s overall effectiveness through thoughtful and efficient calendar, time, and project management.
Support the Executive Director’s management of the Board of Directors by scheduling and managing logistics for all Board meetings; preparing and disseminating Board materials; updating and managing board files; and supporting overall Board development functions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director. This may include communicating on behalf of the Executive Director via email or phone calls.
- Provide preparatory research or material preparation in advance of meetings
- Support creation of presentation materials or outreach (i.e. PowerPoint slides).
- Foster the cultivation of ongoing relationships through follow up communication.
- Manage AFCPE Partnerships email and serve as the liaison between Symposium exhibitors and sponsors.
- Coordinate team-building and staff appreciation efforts.
- Oversee AFCPE Podcast scheduling and pre/post communication.
- Conduct research on key strategic initiatives or operational priorities as needed.
- Oversee special projects assigned by the Executive Director.
Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission and values
- An associates degree or related work experience, preferably at least two years of experience providing support to an executive-level individual or team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, manage multiple projects, and anticipate the Executive Director’s needs
- Sound professional judgment and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion, professionalism, and integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management software (Asana or similar)
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to solicit, receive, and grow from feedback
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Capable of “managing up” to ensure deadlines are met and priorities kept
- Hybrid position (in Westerville, OH office 40% time)
40 hours/week between regular business hours
- Mandatory full staff meetings; travel may be required 1-2 times per year
- Mandatory travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November
Salary & Benefits
- Health insurance
- Fully paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Time off for volunteering
- Professional development
To apply, e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. Both internal and external candidates are welcome to apply.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
AFCPE an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. AFCPE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
AFCPE endeavors to make this site and the hiring process accessible to any and all users. If you require assistance regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you would like to request an accommodation to participate in the application and hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com