Website Action for Children
Engagement Specialist–Central Intake
Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as an Engagement Specialist. In this role you will support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will work with parents in determining the appropriate resources and needs for their family and assist them in accessing those resources.
Major responsibilities include:
- Processing calls to engage families in home visiting programs: determining program referral eligibility, and assigning referrals to appropriate program services
- Performing live data entry into Early Track and Central Coordination databases with attention to detail to create electronic records
- Answering agency and departmental phone lines; maintaining a consistent positive, helpful attitude
- Providing appropriate information to callers and referring callers to resources as needed
- Following up with referral sources via mail or email as required –
- Maintaining accurate and complete documentation/records –
- Scanning and e-mailing completed referrals to appropriate providers
- Supporting parents in accessing community resources
- Attending affiliate meetings, parenting team meetings and All Staff meetings at Action for Children
- Developing reports by using the database as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education, Business or related field (Preferred)
- Ability to interact with families of different backgrounds and cultures
- Have strong knowledge about child socio-emotional principles and child development
- Knowledge of local community resources and three years’ experience working with economically challenged families and their children in a team setting desired
- Proven ability to maintain timely and accurate records/data for program reporting
- Proficiency with technology (proprietary databases) and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a valid driver’s license, car insurance and access to own transportation
- Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, creative, flexible, committed to customer service and a team player
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
We seek a self-starter with the ability to establish trusting relationships so as to support the program participants. You will have demonstrated strong skills in written and verbal communication, building rapport, creativity, analysis and problem-solving. You must demonstrate flexibility, be committed to the success of the program and the team, and be willing to dedicate the time necessary for team meetings and agency events.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Human Resources at [email protected]
No phone calls please. Action for Children is an equal opportunity employer.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note, the selected candidate will be required to submit to our background and reference checking process.
**Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all current and future employees focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and our community. Action for Children is an equal opportunity employer and does allow for accommodations based on medical exemptions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.*
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org