Website Action for Children
Who We Are
Action for Children is the local child-care resource and referral agency in Central Ohio. Our mission is to transform the lives of children by supporting, empowering, and advocating for the adults who make the biggest impact on children’s lives—their parents, caregivers, and teachers.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for providing relevant financial data necessary for budgetary, financial, and grants management decisions and assisting with the management of the finance function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Federal, State, County, City private grants and foundations to manage up to 30 different revenue sources on a monthly basis
- Provide comprehensive oversight to the agency’s fiscal operations, along with the Director of Finance
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of payroll, accounts receivable, and general ledger reporting activities, and monthly funder Invoicing.
- Assist with the accounts payable invoicing process (175-200 per month) for all vendors and maintain required documentation to meet all federal, state and local regulations and provide all reporting on an as needed basis
- Process and coordinate monthly accounts receivable invoices for 50 vendors/grantors
- Prepare documents for funder audits and annual financial audits
- Work closely with Organizational Advancement concerning processing and documentation of donations and gifts to the agency
- Maintain accurate and thorough grant/fund accounting records for each assigned funding source (i.e. grants) program or project
- Conduct periodic update meetings with Program Lead/Director to review project process
Successful candidates will have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 3 years of relevant business experience, some of which should be in non-profit, multiple funder environment
- Working knowledge of Federal regulations, OMB, allowable expenses, as it relates to federal contracting
- Previous experience conducting financial analysis
- Previous experience with compliance and reporting activities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including ability to relay complex information in an easily-understandable way
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficiency with technology- experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge or similar system
Why You’ll Love To Work at Action for Children
- We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage after 30 days of employment
- We promote a balanced work-life company culture. We offer a generous PTO plan including vacation, sick, and personal time.
- This includes 9 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays.
- We embrace parenthood with 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- We help you plan for your future by offering a 403(B) with an employer match
How To Apply
Interested individuals should apply online at:
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note, the selected candidate will be required to submit to our background and reference checking process.
Action for Children is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
**Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all current and future employees focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and our community. Action for Children is an equal opportunity employer and does allow for accommodations based on medical exemptions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. **
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com